Be a Peace Warrior
At Home, At Work, At School, In Public Places and Social Circles
Be the Positive Change You Want to See in the World
Serve and Volunteer your time and skills to better your community
A study from the Corporation for National & Community Service noted: “Research demonstrates that volunteering leads to better health… those who volunteer have lower mortality rates, greater functional ability, and lower rates of depression later in life than those who do not volunteer.”
The Outer Banks Hotline has so many ways you can serve and volunteer. Peace Warriors are the Volunteer heroes that aid in solidifying the services and programs that the OB Hotline has to offer. You can make a difference in your community and feel great about the help you provided.
Benefits of Volunteering
- More than 68% of those who volunteered in the past year report that volunteering made them feel physically healthier.
- 29% of volunteers who suffer from a chronic condition say that volunteering has helped them manage their chronic levels.
- 89% of volunteers agree that volunteering improved their sense of well-being.
- 73% of volunteers feel that volunteering lowered their stress levels.
- 92% of volunteers agree that volunteering enriches their sense of purpose in life.
- More than three-quarters of volunteers who participate in service activities through work report that they feel better about their employer because of the employer's involvement in their volunteer activities.
Lead by Example ~ Be a Peace Warrior
Serving and Volunteering is only one way to join the ranks of the Peace Warriors
Join the Peace Warrior Ranks Today
Being a Peace Warrior is not only having a nice title but it is also an honor. As a Peace Warrior, you are committed to protecting those in need, whenever you see the need become available. You just saw a lady at the grocery store call someone else a derogatory name. Be a Peace Warrior and stand up for them. Don’t allow the bullying to continue. You see your friend has new bruises on their face, with no logical explanation as to how they got there. Be a Peace Warrior, call the 24/7 Crisis Hotline and stop the abuse. Your co-worker whistled at the new girl in the office, in a derogatory way. This could be considered sexual harassment. Be a Peace Warrior, Demand respect for all employees, speak to management or report it to the proper authorities. Comfort those that may feel used or abused. You saw a kid push another in the playground. Be a Peace Warrior, teach each child how to show respect and self-control.
24/7 Crisis Hotline Volunteers NEEDED
If you have the desire to help others and are looking for volunteer opportunities that offer a flexible schedule and allows you to stay in the comfort of your own home, this is the PERFECT opportunity for you! We provide you with all the training and materials needed to be a successful Crisis Line Volunteer.
Training sessions are offered every 3rd Friday of each month. To register or to get more information on other volunteer opportunities call us at (252) 473-5121 or use the Contact Us form on this site.