Since 1980, Hotline’s services have expanded to meet the evolving needs of our community. Today, our dedicated and capable staff and volunteers provide a 24/7 crisis phone line, shelter, and services to victims of domestic abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking as well as emergency response to sexual assault survivors.
We emphasize prevention education and response to community needs and work with our amazing local partner agencies to enhance services to Outer Banks residents and visitors alike. We work with the county schools to offer life skills instruction; we assist the Department of Social Services by providing supplemental emergency funds; and we provide training to local law enforcement to improve techniques for investigating domestic violence, sex crimes, stalking, and human trafficking.
Hotline is funded by private donations, grants as well as our own fundraising projects, including four thrift stores, our Endless Possibilities recycled weaving project and other special events such as 100 for Hope and The Festival of Trees. All funds raised from these contributions, grants, and projects are funneled back into the community through Hotline’s programs. All donations (large and small) are tax deductible, and are used to fund an essential aspect of Hotline’s services . Each donation represents the trust and support of our community.
Supporting Hotline provides an opportunity to contribute to the caring and resourceful community in which we have chosen to live, visit, or invest…and grown to love.
Here are a few of the many ways you can help support Hotline:
- Donate online using the secure form below OR Send a cash donation to: PO Box 1056, Nags Head, NC 27959
Participate in one of our Fundraisers and Awareness Campaigns:
APRIL: Sexual Assault Awareness Month (100 FOR HOPE & COMMUNITY FOR HOPE)
OCTOBER: Domestic Violence Awareness Month & Bullying Awareness Month
JANUARY: Human Trafficking Awareness Month
- Make a pledge to fund Hotline’s services.
- Honor the memory of a loved one or friend with a memorial donation.
- Include Hotline in your estate planning. We have partnered with the Outer Banks Community Foundation and you may work with them or simply add Hotline to your end of life planning.
- Participate in our Festival of Trees Celebration. We ask for donations of decorated Christmas trees and holiday items to be sold at auction. This well-attended event heralds the arrival of the holiday season for many Outer Banks residents.
- Support Hotline Thrift Shops: Shop, Donate Goods, or Volunteer your time in one of the thrift shops. *Hotline Thrift Shops welcome gently used clothing or household items.
- Visit, shop, or volunteer at Endless Possibilities, our recycled weaving studio.
- Volunteer your time as an advocate. Help answer crisis line calls, accompany victims to court, or be part of our sexual assault response team.
For more information, please contact us today at 252-473-5121.