Outer Banks Hotline not only provides immediate short-term help to individuals and families in crisis, but we help them work towards long term solutions. Hotline gives those who have experienced interpersonal violence, sexual assault and human trafficking a real second chance, an opportunity to redesign and better their lives.
In our work to follow through with the mission and vision, the staff, board and volunteers of Outer Banks Hotline allow the philosophy of the agency to guide our work in our interactions with clients and the community at large.
Outer Banks Hotline is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all staff, residents, clients, board members and volunteers feel safe and empowered to make their voices heard. Reflective of the community we serve and embrace, we celebrate difference in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression.
Outer Banks Hotline strives to promote equal access to all individuals in need of support services. We offer these services free from discrimination based on ethnicity, language, race, age, ability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, income, immigration or refugee status, nationality, place of birth, political or religious affiliation.
- No one deserves to be abused
- That interpersonal violence threatens many basic human rights
- The victims of violence have a voice and should be encouraged to speak out
- That interpersonal violence affects the health and wellbeing of the entire community
- In equity and respect in all relationships
- That services should be offered without a regard to a person’s resources
- That all clients, regardless of situation, background or behavior deserve to be treated with respect
- That domestic violence is continued through the tolerance of the community
- That we have a responsibility to challenge misconceptions and to educate the community, especially those in positions of providing help and support
- That the community has a responsibility to work together to improve the future for all those affected by interpersonal violence
- That all people should feel safe and valued
- That knowledge is powerful
By uniting, we can strengthen the positive that already exists, so children, youth, families and our community all thrive.